We made it to #BCBA2022!

12:40 AM Jecelle Kate Gella 0 Comments

Becoming a blogger was never part of the plan. It all started when I saw the fashion blog of Dani Barretto way back in college. Her blog is so nice and informative, it made me want to keep reading blogs, especially the one that focuses on fashion.

Then I found Laureen Uy, one of the OG fashion bloggers in the Philippines. I fell in love with her articles. Reading her blog during my vacant time became a hobby.
One day, I went to the library of our school. As usual, I surfed the net and opened the blog of Laureen Uy. She’s hosting a giveaway for Island Souvenirs #Cut&Style fashion show. The prizes are 2 Life Dance tickets and VIP/backstage passes. I was still at the peak of my fangirl era, so I instantly joined. To my surprise, I’m one of the winners! I was able to get the Life Dance tickets but we were not able to avail the backstage passes due to a tight schedule. Irene, the Marketing Manager of Island Souvenirs, promised us that we would have an intimate meet and greet with Laureen Uy instead.

Laureen Uy brought Camille Co with her during our lunch at La Vie Parisienne. I got starstruck because I was finally able to meet the girls that I look up to. I had my fair share of conversations with them; they also encouraged me to blog.

Becoming a blogger is not as easy as you think. I had zero knowledge in creating a website, so I really had to start from scratch. I can still remember the days wherein I had to go to “hulog hulog piso” internet cafes just to update my blog because I don’t have a laptop or computer at home.

On my journey, I was able to meet the members Cebu Bloggers Society who have the same passion as me. They taught me a lot of things that helped me grow as a blogger and as a person. They accepted me without any judgements.

And now, I made it to Best Cebu Blogs Awards 2022, which is truly unexpected! I feel so honored to be one of the Finalists under the Lifestyle/Style/Fashion Category.
About Best Cebu Blogs Awards

The Best Cebu Blogs Awards (BCBA) is a yearly Awarding Ceremony of Cebu-based Bloggers. BCBA is the only and pioneering award giving body that recognizes the existence of blogs, bloggers and social media influencers or movers in Cebu’s blogosphere. It acknowledges the existence and importance of Cebu Bloggers in the Visayas and in the Philippines. BCBA aims to recognize the finest blogs by Cebuanos and Cebu-based bloggers which are at par even with their foreign counterparts.

Best Cebu Blogs Awards is organized and handled by Blogger Volunteers headed by Cebu Bloggers Society Inc. Founder Mark M. Monta. Judges for the Best Cebu Blogs Awards By Niches are changing every year. Most of them came from Manila, Cagayan De Oro, Ilo-ilo, General Santos, Davao, and of course, a home-based judge here in Cebu.

The Best Cebu Blogs Awards is not possible without the help of the following partners and sponsors:






0 comments :